This post, originally published on my blog, Social Media: An Overview, has some still-relevant information on maintaining your online presence. It does not account for the Pinterest and Instagram platforms, but I plan to do a feature on those two as I get my own ducks in a row for 2015.
Lauren is a Sr. Designer of Product Graphics for an international manufacturing company by day and a creativity crusader, designer, planner extraordinaire, artist and blogger in her “free” time. Follow her and The Olive Shoe on Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram! Please subscribe to receive emails, of course, come back and visit again soon!
Chris Brogan gives a thorough checklist for online presence management in his post “19 Presence Management Chores You COULD Do Every Day“. This is great advice for people who are looking to build and/or improve their online presence.
Here is his list:
- Find seven things worth retweeting in your general feed and share.
- Reply to at least five things with full responses (not just “thanks”).
- Point out a few people that you admire. It shows your mindset, too.
- Follow back at least 10 folks. (I use an automated tool, but this is a personal preference. If you want such, I use SocialToo.)
- 10 minutes of just polite two-way chit chat goes far.
- Check in on birthdays on the home page. (Want a secret? Send the birthday wish via Twitter or email. Feels even more deliberate.)
- Respond to any comments on your wall.
- Post a status…
View original post 242 more words