When I was little, I dreamed of planning parties. I made my friends get all dolled up and sit around my dining room table. I pretended I was a host of some extravagant dinner party. Meanwhile, we were drinking water out of my plastic teacups in princess costumes.
Unfortunately, planning an event is not as easy as a child’s tea party, BUT with a little preparation it can be done with ease and style!
The first rule: Pinterest is always your friend. There is no better place to get food or decoration ideas. How else would you know to serve zucchini pizza bites at your party?
Now, it’s time to get down to business. Here are the most important steps to follow:
1. You must make a clear list of your objectives and goals. Ask yourself: What do you want to get out of this event?
2. Figure out the logistics. What is your budget? Where is the best venue? Who will attend? When will it take place? Who do you need to hire?
3. Now, the fun part. How will you decorate this event? This all depends on the theme. Will there be entertainment? It is essential to have the right equipment like speakers or audiovisuals. What food will be served?
4. Promote your event. Marketing is key. It is important to figure out the best medium to advertise through. Social media is always a must. A simple retweet on Twitter or shared post on Facebook goes a long way.
5. Lastly, get feedback! This way, you can find out what people liked, what can be improved, and if there were any issues that need to be resolved. Write guests a thank-you note for attending. This is common courtesy.
Extra Tips: Make your own checklist! You want things to go as smoothly as possible. Plan far in advance. Ask colleagues or friends for venue recommendations. Research is key!
The Olive Shoe is designed and run by Lauren Ashe Carlisle © 2015 Lauren Ashe Carlisle All Rights Reserved.
Lauren is a Sr. Designer of Product Graphics for an international manufacturing company by day and a creativity crusader, designer, planner extraordinaire, artist and blogger in her “free” time. Follow her and The Olive Shoe on Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram! Please subscribe to receive emails, of course, come back and visit again soon!