The above is an original painting by Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel) – an acrylic artwork on canvas board.
I have always been a huge fan of Dr. Seuss. The Grinch is my absolute favorite Christmas story, and I love his rhyming style. Today would have been Dr. Seuss’s 111th birthday, so take a minute and indulge your inner child. It will energize you, encourage your creativity, and relax you. Try one of these:
– Turn on some music and dance without thinking. Be silly!
– Read a children’s book, or read with your child – get really into it and pretend to be the characters of the book.
– Play! Swing on a swing, fly a kite, build with blocks.
– Color or paint, and don’t be afraid to go outside the lines!
– If you garden, get your hands dirty!
– Cooking dinner? Have some fun and don’t just make the same old thing. Indulge your creativity tonight, and try something new!
Lauren is a Sr. Designer of Product Graphics for an international manufacturing company by day and a creativity crusader, designer, planner extraordinaire, artist and blogger in her “free” time. Follow her and The Olive Shoe on Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram! Please subscribe to receive emails, and of course, come back and visit again soon! Thanks for stopping by!